Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2016

DAY 5 – Still Here

5:00pm: I am still here.  And I do feel better about being here although I made one last desperate plea to leave earlier this morning.  Teacher shut down all of my arguments.  He said I could go if I could give him one good reason – so I stated my case…I even brought the Dali Lama into it (HHDL says that Buddhism isn’t always the right path for all Westerners).  So I stated my case and teachers main rebuttal: “How can I say that Vipassana Meditation is not for me after just four days of a ten day course…I mean, I guess he has a point when he puts it like that…it’s just, I sit there for hours imaging all of the fun Helen is having on the outside and I want to have fun too!
On an up note, I kicked ass today for the first two of our one-hour sittings.  One more this evening should go just as flawlessly!

No comments: