Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2016

DAY 7 – Not Too Bad Actually

Nothing too exciting to report meditation-wise, more the singing – but Goenka’s singing actually isn’t driving me as nuts as it did.  It’s true what he teaches that everything in life is impermanent…which is why we are training ourselves to stop reacting with craving and aversion.
Anyhow, the most exciting happening today was the Spanish girl in my room (she talks and laughs REALLY loudly in here sleep at night – it’s a riot) got a bit of a free show from me.  Se opened the door to the shower I was in (the lock on my side was faulty and didn’t hold out to her tugging) but was brushing her teeth and not looking up.  There I am, stark naked and about to dry off giving a free show to anyone looking in the direction of the outdoor showers!  Not being able to speak, I cleared my throat – she squealed and threw the door closed.  A couple of minutes later, there I am dry, clean, and dressed and as I try to open the door I realize that it is locked from the other side!  I start knocking, she rushes over, and when she opens the door we both just burst out in laughter.
It hailed today and a huge storm cleared all of the haze from the mountains – it is really spectacularly pretty here – I couldn’t have asked for a more idyllic and picturesque spot for this intense introspective process.

No comments: